Zaatar is a tart-herby sprinkle of culinary magic, a mix of some of the most popular flavor notes mixed with unexpected exotic inclusions for a spice blend loved far and wide. Strangely addicting, Za’atar – also known as za’tar, zahtar and zahatar – is a favorite go-to flavoring from the Mediterranean to the Nile even Africa, known to be eaten straight, a pinch at a time, among its more devout fans. What’s In Zaatar Spice Blend? While different spice blends are used to craft za’atar depending on the region, USimplySeason has brought the best of several varieties together in one handy glass jar. Roasted sesame seeds start the flavor party, mingling with oregano, marjoram and thyme before finishing with tart red sumac. These spices, amazing individually, transport the tastebuds entirely in this versatile spice blend. What Can I Use Zaatar Spice Blend For? The thoughtful balance of familiar and unique ingredients offers an exciting seasoning that’s right at home in snacks, soups, roasts and more. Whether used in spice rubs or added as a flourish after cooking, you’re sure to love this herb-filled mix as it elevates favorite dishes. • Boosted Marinades • Come-Back-For-Seconds Hummus • Flavorful Fish • Savory-Sweet Pastries • Roasted Vegetables • Bread Dipping Oil
USimplySeason Za’atar (Zatar / Zaatar / Zahtar) Seasoning Blend, 2 Oz
- Eager to introduce a little something unexpected to the spice cabinet? Za'atar is the tasty little secret that renowned chefs use for amazing Mediterranean dishes. A little goes a long way, and our premium hand-blended variety is full of fresh flavor. Use it on almost anything for an extra dash of culinary style - it's got a beautiful melange of notes that are perfect for every palate.
- Za'atar is the perfect blend of the familiar and the unexpected - thyme, marjoram and oregano mingle with exotic sumac and sesame seeds that have been carefully roasted to unlock their full flavor potential.
- Like the rest of our premium spice blends, USimplySeason's Za'atar Seasoning has been hand-blended in the United States to ensure the highest quality and balance.
- Following a Paleo Diet or Mediterranean diet? This blend is a great fit for both! Keep your tastebuds energized as you indulge in healthy, diet-friendly favorites.
- It's great elsewhere on the menu, too! Add a little olive oil to make an herby paste, perfect for spreading on breads and middle eastern flatbreads as a snack or appetizer. Blend a pinch of Zaatar to a small dish of olive oil for a bread dip, or mix into fresh hummus for a crudite platter centerpiece guests will love. Sprinkle Zatar on top of vegetables or in meat marinades to make your oven-roasted dishes truly phenomenal.